To order by phone or email:
Jenkintown Music Theatre greatly appreciates the generosity and community involvement of our show sponsors. Without their support, JMT might have difficulty supporting the arts in Jenkintown and bringing such wonderful musical productions to our audience. From everyone at JMT – THANK YOU!
The Hiway Theater is celebrating its 100th birthday, having opened in 1913 as the “Jenkintown Auditorium.” The theater is located at 212 Old York Road in Jenkintown, PA. We are nonprofit, community-based movie theater, specializing in independent, art, and foreign films.
We are also one of the region’s premier cinema destinations, offering, in addition to our regular programming, a variety of special events ranging from Saturday Kid’s Matinees to classic Hollywood films. We regularly present local filmmakers and host discussion groups and lectures.
If you would like to advertise in our 2015 Shrek Program, please download the form provided follow the instructions. Questions can be emailed to Mrs. Gail Zanine at email@example.com
Susquehanna Bank’s roots run deep in hundreds of communities across four states. Besides helping people and institutions achieve their financial goals, we contribute to programs and projects that enhance the quality of life in all the communities we serve. We believe that viable, sustainable communities are created when corporations work closely with strong nonprofit partners to address critical community needs. By investing in our neighborhoods, we’re investing in each other.
Last year, Susquehanna donated nearly $3 million in time, talent and treasure to nonprofit organizations doing good work in our communities. Our Community Impact Report highlights some of the ways in which Team Susquehanna changed lives by “doing what counts” in 2012.
Susquehanna’s corporate giving program targets innovative programs and projects that are in alignment with our three main strategic priorities: Community and Economic Development, Youth and Education, and Access to the Arts. Health and human service organizations whose efforts target these priorities will also be considered. www.susquehanna.net
We believe that wealth can’t measured by a net worth statement. Our goals are to help protect and maintain the quality of our clients’ financial life and legacy. http://harvestmywealth.com/
The Jenkintown Community Alliance is proud to support Jenkintown Music Theater. We believe that supporting the arts is key to maintaining a healthy and vibrant community. Please mark your calendars for our upcoming events:
A year ago, JMT incorporated and formed our first, official executive board. One year into the mission, it has been a learning experience, and I’d like to share with you some of the progress we’ve made.
- We settled on Shrek, a very new show, and a departure from more traditional musicals, as our 2015 production. Welcome to all of our newcomers, and welcome back to all of our wonderful, perennial volunteers!
- On October 25, 2014 we held our first singer/songwriter evening fundraiser courtesy of the organizational talents of John Rudolf. Talented performers from Jenkintown and previous JMT casts filled the space at St. John’s in Roslyn with wonderful music. We are so appreciative of everyone’s willingness to share their gifts to make this first event pretty successful.
- Under the auspices of Heather Farr, we’ve launched the Arts in the Wings booster club for the Jenkintown School District arts programs – music, drama and art. Heather is planning a Jenkintown-based fundraising event at the end of January featuring bands headed-up by Jenkintown’s Mayor Ed Foley and other “dads” in the community.
- The adoption of the Vendini electronic ticketing system last year was pretty successful and we learned quite a few, good lessons about managing the software for future productions. As a way of providing further support for the school’s arts programs, we were able to extend this extremely convenient resource to the Jenkintown High School Drama Club fall production of Young Frankenstein.
- Sadly, the Playbill virtual program did not quite work out the way we thought it would, so we’re reverting back to our former program style. We may still use the virtual Playbill to post photos and 30-second, rehearsal video clips.
If anyone in the cast or crew has a great, constructive idea for fundraising, or ways to positively enhance JMT’s community involvement, we’d love to hear it. The ultimate goal is to move JMT forward as a non-profit organization supporting the arts of the Jenkintown School District and providing performance opportunities for local talent. I believe JMT has enormous potential to be a positive advocate for the arts in the Jenkintown community and surrounding areas, and that idea is bigger than any one of us who graciously volunteer their time and efforts. Already the rehearsals for Shrek have shown that this show is going to be a lot of fun and I can’t wait to see the end result!
JENKINTOWN MUSIC THEATRE’S 2015 PRODUCTION
SHREK THE MUSICAL – CAST LIST
Fiona– Tara Dromgoole
Elf – OliviaMorris
Papa Bear– ToBeCast
White Rabbit– ToBeCast
MamaOgre – JenniferBerger
PapaOgre – PaulPope
Pied Piper– To Be Cast
StephanieDeGraw, JuliaGuerin, CharlotteKreines, KelseyKushnir, EmmaMcClain, EmmaMorris, ChrisMudge, HannahMudge, Cindy Paul, SueRoberts, MonicaTreacy, NancyWoehrle
Sophie Curran, LisaHutton, AlexJamison, KyraLisse, AnneMadden, ErinMarkham, TeresaNavon, MaureenScallatino, AnneVanMeter, LoeyWeggel
ADDITIONALPARTSTOBECASTINJANUARYThree BlindMice,HappyPeople,BlueBird,Greeter, Knights,Bishop,Thelonius,Grumpy,Choir,etc.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book and Lyrics by David Lindsay-Abaire
Music by Jeanine Tesori
Based on the Dreamworks Animation Motion Picture
And the book by William Steig
“Once upon a time, there was a little ogre named Shrek…..”
And then the fun begins!
Our lovable ogre and his friends (and enemies) are coming back to life on our JMT stage in one of the most fabulous, funny, poignant double award winning fairy tale adventures ever conceived! Come and join us!
JMT is happy to announce our performance dates:
Friday, April 10 at 8:00 pm
Saturday, April 11 at 3:00pm
Sunday, April 12 at 3:00 pm
Friday, April 17 at 8:00 pm
Saturday, April 18 at 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm
Kuykendall Auditorium of Jenkintown High School
West & Highland Avenues, Jenkintown, PA
For more information, please visit our website at www.jenkintownmusictheatre.org, or “Like” our Facebook Page – Jenkintown Music Theatre
If you have any questions, please call 215-659-8505 or email email@example.com
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TO AUDITION!
Thank you to all of our patrons who come out to support JMT every year. We have an extremely talented, and dedicated cast and production staff who truly enjoy bringing these wonderful Broadway musicals to our Jenkintown community. Please stay tuned for updates about next year’s production. Thank you again for supporting the arts in Jenkintown! – The JMT Board of Directors